Who We Are
The Wyoming Association of Community College Trustees is a non-profit organization of community college governing boards, representing the 49 elected trustees who govern Wyoming’s 7 community colleges.
The mission of the Wyoming Association of Community College Trustees is to advocate a unified vision and voice on behalf of the seven Wyoming community college boards of trustees, in collaboration with their college presidents, to promote their mutual interests in continued quality, strength, vitality, leadership development and effectiveness of its member colleges.
The Wyoming Association of Community College Trustees will be the leading information source and advocate for Wyoming’s community colleges, shaping public policy that strengthens community college education, and providing trustee development to ensure effective governing boards
WACCT Board Officers
Ernie Over, Central Wyoming College
Sue Schilling, Casper College
Don Erickson, Laramie County Community College
Reggie Clark, Western WY Community College
WACCT Executive Director – Erin Taylor
Erin Taylor, of Taylor Strategies & Consulting, LLC, Cheyenne, serves as the Executive Director of the Wyoming Association of Community College Trustees (WACCT). Erin has more than twenty years of experience working in the public policy arena at the federal, state and local levels. Taylor earned an undergraduate in economics and her Master of Science in regulatory and environmental economics from the University of Wyoming. In her role at WACCT over the last six years, she has worked tirelessly to elevate the awareness of Wyoming’s Community Colleges and advocate for their needs.
Taylor received several prestigious awards and recognitions over the term of her career, including:
- Graduate of Leadership Wyoming, 2006
- Named one of Wyoming’s 40 Under 40, 2008.
- Nominated to attend U.S. Senate Leadership Summit for Young Professionals, 2006
- Nominated to attend U.S. Senate Women’s Leadership Summit, 2008.
- Graduate of the Institute of Organizational Management, a professional development program of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, 2011
- Served Governor appointments to the Wyoming Arts Council and Wyoming Lottery Corporation
- 2011 Delegate to the American Council of Young Political Leaders exchange to Pakistan and India
- Wyoming Business Report’s Women of Influence Award 2013, Non-profit category
- Vice President, Wyoming Business Alliance 2018-2020
- President, Wyoming Business Alliance, 2020-
The Wyoming Association of Community College Trustees is composed of 49 trustees from Wyoming’s seven community colleges.
Click on the links below to learn more about each college, and about each college’s Board of Trustees.