The WACCT advocates for Wyoming community colleges at the federal and state level, working with legislators, other elected officials, and regulators to protect and enhance the flexible, accessible environment that has been the hallmark of Wyoming’s community colleges.
A central goal of the WACCT’s advocacy efforts is to create a unified vision and voice on behalf of all seven colleges, their trustees, and their presidents.
Talking Points for Trustees
- Advocacy 101 for 2021 Slides – used in the WACCT Virtual Advocacy Training
- WACCT Advocacy Virtual Workshop Zoom recording – January 2021
- 2021 Detailed Leg Priorities – for trustees and other college folks- details and numbers
- Support the Solution Video – please use at will – this video depicts students suggesting that their training will support Wyoming’s future
- Support the Solution PDF – quick handout to give to elected officials
- WACCT Sustainable Funding Resolution
Summer 2020 Advocacy
2020 May Special Session
- Governor Gordon’s Special Session Proclamation May 6 2020
- A Wyoming Plan for CARES – Governor Gordon
- Summary of May Special Session Bills