The WACCT advocates for Wyoming community colleges at the federal and state level, working with legislators, other elected officials, and regulators to protect and enhance the flexible, accessible environment that has been the hallmark of Wyoming’s community colleges.
A central goal of the WACCT’s advocacy efforts is to create a unified vision and voice on behalf of all seven colleges, their trustees, and their presidents.
Summer 2020 Advocacy
2020 May Special Session
- Governor Gordon’s Special Session Proclamation May 6 2020
- A Wyoming Plan for CARES – Governor Gordon
- Summary of May Special Session Bills
2020 Budget Session
- Governor Gordon Proposal WY Community Colleges – letter from the Presidents – asking for $30M
- WACCT Legislative Priorities + interior pages
Trustee Talking Points
- Health Insurance
- Bachelors of Applied Science
- General Legislative Priorities
- Capital Construction