The WACCT advocates for Wyoming community colleges at the federal and state level, working with legislators, other elected officials, and regulators to protect and enhance the flexible, accessible environment that has been the hallmark of Wyoming’s community colleges.
A central goal of the WACCT’s advocacy efforts is to create a unified vision and voice on behalf of all seven colleges, their trustees, and their presidents.
2020 Budget Session
Areas of Concentration for $30M ongoing appropriation
- Economic Development & Diversification
- Talent Recruitment & Retention
- Student Success & Access
- Operational Efficiency & Effectiveness (safety & security)
Trustee Talking Points
- Health Insurance
- Bachelors of Applied Science
- General Legislative Priorities
- Capital Construction
Bill Tracking – updated 2/16/2020