Who We Are
The Wyoming Association of Community College Trustees (WACCT) is a 501(6) organization with all 49 trustees from the seven community college trustees (working collaboratively with the college presidents) serving as members. WACCT is a one-person shop with Erin Taylor serving as the Executive Director. Erin’s primary role is to advocate for Wyoming’s seven community colleges and support trustee education through the association. WACCT works cooperatively with the Wyoming Community College Commission, the state agency charged with the following duties: administration and budget, business analytics and support, college and career readiness, state tuition assistance program management, and research and policy. The WCCC has several staff members and an Executive Director, Dr. Sandy Caldwell. The WCCC staff report to a Board of Commissioners who are appointed by the Governor. The Commissioners have the duty to oversee the WCCC budget, approve programs for the colleges, set tuition, and approve capital construction projects, among other things.
WACCT works closely with our industry partners and the University of Wyoming in front of the Wyoming Legislature and policy makers.
- Special WCCC Meeting – August 28 – CWC – Riverton
WACCT Fall Conference – September 24-25, Northwest College, Powell – REGISTER NOW
The ABC’s of the Applied Baccalaureate – Using Outcome Driven Decisions to Better Our Communities – Northwest College, Powell ~ Agenda
Room Block – Call Rick at the Lamplighter Inn 307.754.2226
- Legislative Joint Education Committee – September 26-27, Cody
- Wyoming’s Tomorrow Task Force – September 30 – Casper
- Higher Education Attainment Council – October 10 – Laramie
- WCCC Meeting – October 24 – Gillette
- Legislative Joint Education Committee – November 14-15 – Cheyenne
- WACCT Legislative Reception and Trustee Education – February 12, 2020
- WCCC meeting February 13, 2020