Who We Are
The Wyoming Association of Community College Trustees (WACCT) is a 501(6) organization with all 49 trustees from the seven community college trustees (working collaboratively with the college presidents) serving as members. WACCT is a one-person shop with Erin Taylor serving as the Executive Director. Erin’s primary role is to advocate for Wyoming’s seven community colleges and support trustee education through the association. WACCT works cooperatively with the Wyoming Community College Commission, the state agency charged with the following duties: administration and budget, business analytics and support, college and career readiness, state tuition assistance program management, and research and policy. The WCCC has several staff members and an Executive Director, Dr. Sandy Caldwell. The WCCC staff report to a Board of Commissioners who are appointed by the Governor. The Commissioners have the duty to oversee the WCCC budget, approve programs for the colleges, set tuition, and approve capital construction projects, among other things.
WACCT works closely with our industry partners and the University of Wyoming in front of the Wyoming Legislature and policy makers.
- WACCT Board Meeting – April 10 – Casper College – time TBD
- Wyoming Community College Commission Meeting – April 11, Casper College
- Higher Education Attainment Council Meeting – May 23 – Northern Wyoming Community College, Sheridan
- Legislative Joint Education Committee – June 5-6, Casper
- WACCT Board Meeting – June 12 – Central Wyoming College – 4-5:30pm
- Wyoming Community College Commission Board Retreat – Central Wyoming College, Sinks Canyon Building, June 12
- Wyoming Community College Commission Board Meeting – June 13th – CWC main campus
- WACCT Fall Conference – September 24-25, Northwest College, Powell
- Legislative Joint Education Committee – September 26-27, Cody